- Anita Sampson- USAID/Southern Africa, Orphans and Vulnerable Children Advisor
- Ruth Pooe-South Africa Department of Social Development, Director of Population and Development Research
- Nobanzi Dana-PATH, South Africa Interim Country Leader
- Busi Baloyi-Mott MacDonald, Project Director
- Dr. Elizabeth Rowley-PATH, Gender and Gender Based Violence Researcher
More on the Thogomelo Project
The Thogomelo project was initiated by the South Africa's Department of Social Development (DSD) with the support of the United States Agency for International Development (USAID) in 2008. The project is managed by a consortium of partners led by PATH, with Mott MacDonald (formerly Health and Development Africa), and the International HIV/AIDS Alliance. The fundamental aim of the Thogomelo project is to strengthen South Africa's capacity to care for its community caregivers (CCGs) and to protect vulnerable children. The Thogomelo project set out to address the often neglected emotional well-being of CCGs-the backbone of community-based care services provided to vulnerable children and those in need.