- Clinical Management of Children and Adolescents Who Have Experienced Sexual Violence (PDF / 4 MB)
- Gestion Clinique Des Enfants Et Adolescents Exploites Ou Ayant Subi Des Violences Sexuelles (French) (PDF / 4 MB)
- O Manejo Clínico De Crianças E Adolescentes Que Sofreram Violência Sexual (Portuguese) (PDF / 3 MB)
- El Manejo Clínico De Los Niños Y Adolescentes Que Han Experimentado Violencia Sexual (Spanish) (PDF / 5 MB)
- Usimamizi Wa Kikliniki Kwa Watoto Na Vijana Waliopitia Dhuluma Ya Kimapenzi (Swahili) (PDF / 3 MB)
Both the United States President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR) and the Global Health Initiative (GHI) emphasize preventing, monitoring, and responding to gender-based violence (GBV) as critical to strengthening overall health outcomes. Yet, significant barriers impede the provision of meaningful, effective services for children and adolescents who have experienced sexual violence. In response to this gap, PEPFAR’s Gender, Orphans and Vulnerable Children, and Pediatric Treatment Technical Working Groups developed technical considerations on post-rape care for persons under the age of 18 in primary health centers that also provide HIV care. This document should be used as a guide to help medical providers better address and respond to the unique needs and rights of children who have experienced sexual violence and exploitation.
This resource also has a companion guide, Strengthening Linkages between Clinical and Social Services for Children and Adolescents who Have Experienced Sexual Violence.