The Office of the U.S. Global AIDS Coordinator, December 2014.
The U.S. President's Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR) released a new report titled PEPFAR 3.0 – Controlling the Epidemic: Delivering on the Promise of an AIDS-free Generation. The report documents the program’s progress and unveils PEPFAR’s strategy for working with partners to achieve an AIDS-free generation. Now in its third phase (2013 – present), PEPFAR is focusing on achieving transparency and accountability in the HIV response, and on accelerating core interventions to control the epidemic. PEPFAR is investing resources strategically to reach key high-risk populations with evidence-based programs. The report also provides insight into PEPFAR’s five Action Agendas—Impact, Efficiency, Sustainability, Partnership, and Human Rights—as the foundation for achieving an AIDS-free generation.
On World AIDS Day PEPFAR also announced the following initiatives:
- $210 million partnership with the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation and the Nike Foundation to reduce new HIV infections in adolescent girls and young women
- $116.5 million investment in health systems for disease response
- $200 million partnership with Children's Investment Fund Foundation for the Children's HIV/AIDS Treatment Initiative (ACT) in 10 African countries
- Partnership with the multi-agency Global Pediatric Antiretroviral Commitment-to-Action to accelerate innovation and save children's lives
- $21.5 million partnership with the Millennium Challenge Corporation to ensure data quality and transparency.