Module 8: Summary
- Adolescent Clinical Transition Document (Tool 8.1.1)
This tool should be completed by the pediatric HCP and given to the adult HCP upon transition.
- Key Steps at the Baseline Visit (Tool 8.1.2)
This checklist outlines key steps that should take place on the first visit.
- Key Steps for Adolescents not on Antiretroviral Therapy (Tool 8.1.3)
This checklist outlines key steps that should be taken routinely for adolescents not yet on ART.
- Key Steps for Follow-up Visits & Clients on Antiretroviral Therapy (Tool 8.1.4)
This checklist outlines key steps that should be taken for adolescents on ART who have routine follow-up visits.
- Antiretroviral Therapy Guide (Tool 8.1.5)
This tool is an ART prescription guide for pre-pubertal and post-pubertal adolescents.
- Adherence Support Prior to Treatment Discussion Guide (Tool 8.1.6)
This tool may be used to determine the adolescents’ and/or family/caregiver ART preparedness.
- Adherence Readiness Assessment Quiz (Tool 8.1.7)
Provide this quiz to the adolescent prior to ART prescription to determine adherence readiness.
- Adherence Assessment Tool (Tool 8.1.8)
This tool should be utilized to assess adolescents’ medication adherence.
- Tanner’s Staging Guide (Tool 8.1.9)
This tool provides puberty staging information for girls and boys.
- Medication Adherence Diary (Tool 8.3.10)
This tool should be completed by the adolescent to record their medications; they should be encouraged to bring this diary to clinic visits as an additional adherence assessment tool.
- Medications Worksheet (Tool 8.3.11)
This tool should be utilized to by the adolescent to help keep track of his or her medicines.
- My Clinical Considerations Journal (Tool 8.3.12 )
This tool may be used by the adolescent to explore his or her own thoughts around -—and adherence to-—medication.