Module 9: Summary
- Tips for Adolescent Motivational Interviewing (Tool 9.1.1)
This tip sheet should be used by the HCP/CCP when trying to facilitate positive change with the adolescent.
- The Readiness to Change Ruler (Tool 9.1.2)
This assessment helps to determine the adolescent’s readiness to change a specific behavior
- HIV Knowledge Assessment (Tool 9.1.3)
This quiz can test the adolescent’s HIV knowledge and also be used as a teaching tool to review important information prior to transition. The answer key can be found on the following page.
- Positive Living Tips (Tool 9.2.4)
This tip sheet provides information for the family/caregiver on assisting the adolescent in living positively
- Self-Care Guide (Tool 9.2.5)
Provide this tool to the family/caregiver to discuss strategies to maintain their own well-being.
- Food for Health: Nutrition Tips (Tool 9.2.6)
Provide this tool to the family/caregiver to encourage nutritious eating at home.
- Food for Health: Nutrition Tips (Tool 9.3.7)
Provide this tool to the adolescent to supplement health education for improved nutrition.
- Stigma Action Plan (Tool 9.3.8)
Share this stigma action plan with the adolescent to identify sources of stigma, and to create action plans to address stigma
- HIV Peer Support Groups (Tool 9.3.9)
This tool provides information to the adolescent on the benefits of joining or starting an HIV peer support group
- My Positive Living Journal (Tool 9.3.10)
This comprehensive guided journal and workbook should be distributed to the adolescent to encourage positive living.